Main Article Content
This study is designed to know the effect of fenestration on the epiphyseal plate as amethod to truma and know it is effect on length of long bones Eleven of local breed bitched is used in this research are put in four group depending on the site of operation , tthree dogs in each group except for the last group which included tow dogs as follows: *the first group : the operation was performed on the distal epiphyseal plate of the femur *the second group : the operation was performed on the proximal epiphyseal plate of the tibia and fibula *the thrid group : the operation was performed on the distal epiphyseal plate of the tibia and fibula *the fourth group : the operation was performed on all sites mentioned above the cases was folowed up clinically and radiographically for six months , an x-Ray film was taken every fifteen days for the first three months and monthly for the other three months, the other hind limb of the animal was used for comparison.
the clinical and radiographical follow up showed that fenestration of the epiphyseal platewas succssful to induce epiphysiodesis in first, third and fourth group without complication while it failed in the second group.
2. Moseley,F.(1981).Unequl Growth in Childrin. In Orthopaedic Surgery Infancy and Childhood. Edited by:Freguson, B.;fifth:ed. William&Wilkins, Baltimore.London ,
Chap.2, pp: 81-114.
3. Green, T. , and Anderson ,M. (1957). Epiphyseal arrest for correction of discrepancies in the length of the lower extermities. J.Bone&Joint Surg.39-A(4):853-872.
4. Macnicol, M. and Gupta,M.(1997). Epiphysiodesis using acannulated tube saw.J.Bone Joint Surg. 79-B(2):307-309.
5. Weiner, D.(1990). Epiphysiodesis by electrocautery in rabbit and dog .Clin. Orthop.(256):244-53.
6. Ogilive,d. and Kingmk. (1990).Epiphysiodesis:two year clinical result using a new technique .J.Pediar. Orthop. 10(6):809-110.
7. Siffert, S.(1956). The effect of staple and longitudindl wires on epiphysel growth . J.Bone Joint Surg. 38-A(5):1077-1087.
8. Brinker, W.O.(1974).Fractures. Types of fractures and their repair. In canine surgery 2nd ARCHIBALD Edition. Santabarbara, California .Chap. 24 pp:982.
9. Wagner,D;Deshll, P.;Ferguson, H. &Nassar, R. (1987) Effect of distal femoral growth fusion on femoral-tibial Length.Vet.Syrg. 16(6):435-439 Joint Surg.
10.Hass, S.L.(1950). Restriction of bone growth by pins through the epiphyesal cartilaginous plate . J.Bone joint surg.32-AS:338-343.
11.Gill-Albarova, J.;Fini,M.; Gill-Albarova, R.;Melgosa,M. et.al.(1998).Absorbable screws through the greater trochanter donot disturb physeal growth. Acta.Orthop
12. Ross, K. and Zoints, E.(1997).Comparsion of different methods used to inhibit physeal growth in a rabbit model. Clin.Orthop. 19(10):857-61.
13.Moseley,F.(1977).A straight line graph for leg-length discrepanicies.J.Bone joint Surg.59-A: 174.
14.Caplan, A.:Elvaderami.M.:Mochizuki. Y.:Wakitami.S. and Goldberg, V.(1997).Principles of cartilage repair and regeneration .Clin. Orthop. 1342:254-269.
15.Scott, A.; Urquhart, B.Cain, T.(1996).Percutanous VS. modification phemister epiphysiodesis of lower extermity.Orthop. 19(10):857-610.
16. Westh, R. and Menetams, M.(1981). A simple calculation for the timing of epiphyseal arrest.J. Bone Joint Surg.63-B(1):117-119.