Submission & Peer review
The Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine(IraqJVM)
Instructions to Authors
- First: Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine, is published by the College of Veterinary Medicine - University of Baghdad, Iraq. It is concerned with publishing original and valuable researches related to various fields of Veterinary Medicine, animal production, biology, reports of case disease, research notes, and small articles in both Arabic and English.
- Second: The submitted paper should not be previously published or accepted for publication in any other journal. And the paper will be reviewed by specialists before being accepted for publication, and so IraqJVM will have the copyright thereof. Consequently, the author has no right to reclaim the paper in case of being rejected.
- Third: The author submits a request addressed to the Editor-in-chief of Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad to publish the paper, accompanied by with three copies of paper (coloured if it includes coloured figures, images or tables ) and a non-refundable amount of 25 000 IDs, as a first payment of the total fees for publication. Or, the author submits the paper online via ([email protected]) or ([email protected]). And post to the review approval, the author submits two copies on a compact disc (CD) along with the further payments of the publication fees mentioned under item six...
- Fourth: The paper should be printed with (Microsoft Word 2007), single-spaced, inclusive of charts, figures, and references using paper size (A4) and (Time New Roman) font. The printing dimensions should be 15 cm (width) and 24 cm (length) with the page number on the bottom.
- Fifth: The sections should be saparated by a sigle line between the subsection-headings as follows :
- The title: First page should have the title of the paper, both in English and Arabic, middly placed. Then, author(s) name(s) and affiliations should be positioned under the title, bold-faced, with the first author's email and mobile number..
- Abstract: With no more than 200 words, the abstract has to expose the methodology of work and results, conclusions, as well as a mere mentioning of te significant increase or decreasewithout values . As for papers written in Arab, the English abstract comes at the end of the Both English and Arabic abstracts have to be followedtwith key words.
- Introduction:It consists of a presentation of the background of the paper and the aim(s) for which it has been carried out.
- Materials and methods: Information should be mentioned and supported by enough modern references, provided that the information should not be rementioned within the body. Instructions as to how animals should be treated and taken care of have to be stated, along with the use of use metric and international units of measurements. The statistical program and the statistical method used in the analysis of data have to be specified; and symbols and abbreviations as well as statistical notations have to be stated for statistical comparison.
- Results and Discussion: Results should be exact. Figures, tables, and charts have to present ample information and sould be given numbers as to their advent within the body. Also, the academic significance of thresults and their discussion have to pointed out while supported by uptodate refrences. Conclusions should be summarised after the discussion.
- Tables and Figures: Figures, tables, graphs, should be reffered by numbers as to their advent within the body. The size of a table should never exceed the limits of and the paper, and all tables, figures and charts should be placed post to the results and discussion therein.
- Acknowledgements: the author thanks the supporting institutions which helped financially and the people who contributed to the paper but were not authors.
A - Point out to references in the text via numbers and in sequence; in case there is more than a reference the number sequence will be according to the timeline of the references.
B - All references should be enlisted at the end of the paper and should be numbered according to its advent in the text regardless of the alphabetical sequence of the authors.
If the reference is journal: the surname of the author put first then initial letters of his first and second name, and year in brackets, title, journal name, the Vol., No. and page number, for example:
- Williams, J.C. (1997). Antiparasitic treatment, current status, and future. Vet. Parasitol., 127:61-77.
If the references is a book: The author's last name (surname), and the initials of the name I and II, and year between brackets, the title of the book, edition, and place of publication , publisher and page number example:
- Ingrkam, J.L. and lngrahan, C.A . (2000). Introduction. In: Text of Microbiology. 2nd Anstratia, Brooks, Co. Thompson Learning, P: 55.
If the reference is a chapter in a book, author's name or names and year in brackets, the title of a chapter, title of the book, the name or names of editors, place of publication and page number, example:
- Andersen, R.M. (1998). Epidemiology of parasitic infections. In: Topley and Wilsons Lnfections. Collire, L. ; Balows, A. and Jassman, M. (Eds.), Vol, 5,9th Arnold a Member of the Hodder Group, London, PP: 39-55.
If the reference is a thesis: Last name of the author's thesis and then the first name and the second, year in brackets. The title of the thesis, College, University, the page number example:
- Kashifalkitaa, H.F. (2008). Effect of bromocriptine and dexamethasone administration on semen characteristics and certain hormones in local male goats. Ph.D. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad, PP: 87-105.
- Sixth: Once an article is accepted, article processing charges are applied as follows:
125,000 IQD for authors within Iraq for prof.
100,000 IQD for authors within Iraq for assist prof. and lecturer
has no article processing and submission charges for authors outside Iraq for prof .
has no article processing and submission charges for authors outside Iraq for assist prof. and lecturer
- Seventh: All papers are subjected to the academic plagiarism checker technology:(turnitin.com)
Secretarial editor of the Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine Iraq - Baghdad - Al-Jadriyah - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Bagh. Uni. Post Office
Al-Karrada district 47036
Baghdad University - College of Veterinary Medicine Website: http://jcovm.uobaghdad.edu.iq
E-mail:[email protected] [email protected] or [email protected]
Tel: (+964) -07400187917