About the Journal
The Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine is a scientific journal issued by the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad, which publishes the original and valuable scientific researches related to the various fields of veterinary medicine, animal production, life sciences, disease cases, research notes and small articles and is available on its website free. The Journal was published in 1977 and its first issue was published in 1977. In 1985, the National Journal of Veterinary Medicine was published in the National Library of Baghdad, 322, 1985, a semi-annual journal, which helped the Journal obtain the international standard number for the paper version P-ISSN: 1609-5693 and the international standard number E-ISSN: 2410-7409. The journal is very interested in research, which has the originality, seriousness and scientific methodology, and represents a qualitative addition to the field of study in various disciplines of veterinary medicine. The Iraqi Journal Veterinary Medicine has published 42 volumes since its establishment in 1977- 2019. To date, 56 publications have been published, including (582) in Arabic (343) in English, and since 2015 the Journal has been published in English only.
Peer review process
- Peer Review:
The submitted manuscripts are carefully peer-reviewed by a panel of scholars in the subspecialties of a field to ensure that the manuscripts are original, valid, and significant. Before sending the manuscripts to the reviewers, the editor makes sure that these manuscripts contribute significantly to the content area of the journal, follow Iraqijvm guidelines and they are well-written (clear & concise).
Iraqijvm adopts a double-blind/ masked review. The identities of both authors and reviewers are not revealed to one another. Reviewers are requested to review a manuscript within two weeks. The author is noted about the status of the manuscript within three weeks from the submission. The author may communicate with the editor if no feedback has been received for a month.
- Manuscript acceptance, rejection or acceptance with revision:
The editor decides whether the manuscript is accepted, rejected or needs to be revised based on the reviewers’ reports.
- Manuscript acceptance: Accepted manuscripts will undergo copy-editing and production phases of the publication process. The authors will not be allowed to make further changes to the manuscript except for those recommended by the copyeditors. The authors remain responsible for the completion of any amendments required by the journal.
- Manuscript Rejection: A manuscript is rejected if it falls outside the domain of the journal, has serious defects in design, methodology, analysis or interpretations, lack of contribution to the field, or has a low-quality.
- Manuscript acceptance with revision:
A manuscript may be conditionally accepted. This takes place when the manuscript has a high potential for final acceptance and publication in the journal, and the author adheres to all the essential modifications required by the journal (e.g. gathering essential data, conducting new experiments, reanalyzing the data, etc.). The author has to attend to the editor’s recommendations for revision. The revised manuscript should be resubmitted with an enclosed cover letter that contains a table explaining in detail how and where (in the manuscript) amendments have been done based on the reviewers’ comments.
- Publication Ethics:(COPE)
The Iraqijvm complies with the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) to promote the integrity of its published articles. The Iraqijvm considers the following topics during the publishing process:
- Originality & Source Acknowledgement: The Iraqijvm scans all submitted manuscripts before the peer reviewing process using (Turnitin)®. The Iraqijvm is zero-tolerant to plagiarism, self-plagiarism, copyright infringement, dual publication, text recycling, and salami slicing. When any of these is identified after publishing, an announcement of retraction of the published material is highlighted in the journal's website. The authors are asked for providing appropriate references for published/unpublished cited texts. The corresponding author should confirm that the submission has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.(COPE)
- Research Misconduct: Iraqijvmeditorial team struggles to counter any possibility for data fabrication, manipulation, and falsification. In case of suspected misconduct, Iraqijvm editors act in accordance to the (COPE) guidelines with this respect.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are obliged to disclose any potential conflicts of interest and must refer to any financial agreements or commitments directly related to the research submitted for publication
- Authors:Authors should disclose (in an author note) activities and relationships that if known to others might be viewed as a conflict of interest, even if the authors do not believe that any conflict or bias exists ( e.g. an author has his own stock in a company that manufactures a drug used in his study).
- Reviewers: Reviewers should also reveal their potential conflicts of interest (if any) to the action editor. They have an ethical obligation to be open and fair in assessing a manuscript without bias. They should not review a manuscript from a colleague or collaborator, a close personal friend, or a recent student. Reviewers have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of a manuscript. They should not discuss the manuscript with other individuals.
- Using materials under copyrights: The author should obtain letters of permission from copyright holders to reproduce (or adapt) copyrighted material and enclose copies of these letters with the accepted manuscript. Examples of material that require permission include reprinted figures and tables, tests and scale items, questionnaires, vignettes, etc.
- Correction notices: If an error is detected in the published manuscript, the author can submit a proposed correction notice to the journal’s editor. The notice should indicate the full title of the journal, the year of publication, the volume no., issue no., and the page nos. of the article, the precise location of the error(s) (e.g. page, line, column, exact quotation of the error, or paraphrasing of lengthy errors).
- Publication Fees:
- 125,000 IQD for authors within Iraq for prof.
- 100,000 IQD for authors within Iraq for assist prof. and lecturer .
- no article processing and submission charges for authors outside Iraq for prof.
- has no article processing and submission charges for authors outside Iraq for assist prof. and lecturer.